Although the signs of pet poisoning can vary greatly based on the poison, it is good to be familiar with the symptoms.
Although the signs of pet poisoning can vary greatly based on the poison, it is good to be familiar with the symptoms because the sooner you treat your pet, the better the outcome. While this list is not complete, common signs of poisoning may include: Vomiting, sometimes with blood Diarrhea, sometimes with blood Drooling/hypersalivating Inappetance (not eating) Coughing of blood Pale gums A racing heart rate Weakness or lethargy Collapse Excessive thirst or urination Excessive pawing at the mouth, excessive licking Ulcerations Call your veterinarian or veterinary emergency clinic immediately if you suspect your pet has been poisoned. Have the following information ready: Exact name of toxin ingested, inhaled, or absorbed. Approximately how much of the toxin was ingested How long ago you suspect that your pet may have been poisoned Approximate weight of your pet What signs your pet is showing If the poison is known, take the box or package with you. Do not induce vomiting without consulting your veterinarian or Poison Control center first.