As a pet owner dedicated to your pet’s health and well-being, you wouldn’t pick just any veterinary hospital to care for your beloved companion. At Groves Veterinary Clinic, we understand the deep bond you share with your furry family member, and we strive to provide the best veterinary care to ensure your pal is by your side for many years to come. We are passionate about learning, growing, and investing in our practice and our team, which allows us to offer the most innovative pet care services to Port Charlotte, North Port, Englewood, and surrounding communities.
Our wellness services for your pet
While we are proud of our skills, and the equipment used for emergency and critical care cases, we understand the importance of wellness and preventive care to your furry friend’s health. As the foundation on which we base all your pet’s care, routine wellness care is vital for her health and happiness. During your pet’s annual or biannual wellness visit, we look for any abnormalities or changes from her normal patterns that finding early allows us to more quickly diagnose illnesses, and offers your pet a better prognosis.
Our specialized services for your pet
Although preventive care is great for keeping your pet healthy, an illness or disease occasionally arises that needs more specialized care. Unlike many general veterinary practices, we offer more than simple wellness exams and vaccinations—we boast multiple specialty departments that focus on various areas of your pet’s health, so we can provide the most innovative, up-to-date diagnostics and treatments, allowing a better outcome. Here are a few of our specialty departments:
- Dermatology — Pets suffer from a variety of skin conditions, most notably caused by allergies and hormonal disorders that can result in rashes, itching, hair loss, scabs, and scaly skin. Many veterinary practices treat allergy symptoms without ever treating the actual allergies. We offer a variety of allergy testing, with the goal of determining which allergens may be triggering your pet’s symptoms, allowing us to formulate a plan to address the allergies.
- Cardiology — Heart disease can be life-threatening, but by using our advanced equipment to perform echocardiograms, X-rays, and ultrasound, and to monitor blood pressure, we can provide an early diagnosis and extend your pet’s life.
- Endocrinology — Multiple endocrine disorders can create varying illness signs, including abnormal energy levels, weight loss or gain, excessive thirst or hunger, abnormal behavior, excessive panting, and skin conditions, in pets who, like people, can be affected by diabetes, Cushing’s disease, Addison’s disease, and hyper- or hypothyroidism.
- Ophthalmology — Diagnosing and treating eye conditions can be tricky, but with our specialized ophthalmology equipment, we can alleviate painful eye issues, and preserve or restore vision. Common eye disorders we treat include reconstructive eyelid surgery and tumor resection, ectopic cilia removal, enucleation, entropion repair, and cherry eye surgery.
- Dentistry — Good oral health is the foundation for your pet’s well-being, and we believe so strongly in dental care that we offer free dental exams and dental home-care instructions from one of our veterinary technicians. If your pet shows signs of painful gingivitis, bad breath, broken or discolored teeth, or infection, we recommend a dental cleaning under general anesthesia.
- Orthopedics — As the only veterinarian licensed in Charlotte County to perform the tibial plateau leveling osteotomy surgery for pets with injured cranial cruciate ligaments, Dr. Groves performs advanced orthopedic surgery on patients referred from other veterinary practices. With his orthopedic surgical skills, we also can help repair difficult bone fractures and perform knee-replacement surgeries.
- Surgery — Our state-of-the-art surgical suite is furnished with a heated surgery table, as well as human-grade surgical lighting, and surgical instruments. Whether your pet undergoes elective or emergency surgery, we ensure her safety by using multiple monitoring devices to monitor her heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygenation level, and blood pressure.
To aid in our diagnosis and treatment capabilities, we use a variety of cutting-edge tools, equipment, and testing, such as:
- Specialized blood-testing machines, cytology analysis, and disease testing, in our fully equipped in-house laboratory
- Digital radiology
- Blood pressure
Our emergency-care services for your pet
Although we offer all the standard wellness-care services expected of a general veterinary practice, we also offer immediate emergency services during normal business hours. We have the equipment and skills necessary to diagnose, monitor, stabilize, and treat critically injured or ill pets.
Our brand-new, in-house laboratory machines, radiography equipment, state-of-the-art surgery suite, and well-stocked pharmacy, combined with Dr. Groves’ extensive emergency-medicine background, allow us to handle any critical case that rushes through our doors.
We don’t like to brag, but we’re proud that Harbor Style magazine readers voted us “Harbor’s Hottest Veterinary Practice,” and that the Sun-Herald named Dr. Groves “Best Veterinarian.” These accolades should assure you that your beloved pet is in skilled hands at Groves Veterinary Clinic. Whether your pet is due for her wellness visit or needs critical care, we’re here for you and your best friend—give us a call.